Welcome to Summer Session at Brentwood Park!
We are excited that you will be joining us for summer session at Brentwood Park. Verification of class enrollment is available online by selecting the Enrolment Verification and entering your child’s PEN and birthdate.
Our first day of classes is Tuesday July 6th and our last day is Friday July 23rd. Students will enter through classroom outside doors only. Room numbers, course names and class lists will be posted in each classroom window for your reference. Thank you for maintaining a 2-meter distance during arrival and dismissal times.
You can find the site supervisor, Ms. Sakic in a pink safety vest outside the school Tuesday morning if you need any assistance. Please watch for an email on Monday, July 5th with more detailed information regarding your child’s course room number.
Morning Session Schedule:
- 8:55 (warning bell)
- 9:00 (start of classes)
- 10:15 (beginning of recess A – no bell)
- 10:30 (end of recess A)
- 10:45 (beginning of recess B – no bell)
- 11:00 (end of recess B)
- 12:15 (end of morning classes)
- A map of class locations is available here with specific classroom, teacher and location. Some programs have more than one class so information on specific rooms will be sent out by email to all parents
- Students with complex needs and Individual Education Programs (IEP) will work on a limited number of IEP goals. As the summer session is only for fourteen mornings, typically only one IEP goal is identified. Educational Assistant support is prioritized for safety and inclusion needs.
Please know that the safety of students and staff is a priority. All Summer Session 2021 programming reflects the health and safety protocols and guidelines provided by the Provincial Health Officer, Ministries of Health and Education, the BC Centre for Disease Control, the Fraser Health Authority, and WorkSafe BC. In addition, we have had the School District’s Health and Safety Team inspect our site. The following procedures at Brentwood Park are:
- Families to complete the daily health check to determine if student should attend school that day
- No parents are allowed in the school without permission from the Supervisor
- The front door is locked and access to those other than staff is by appointment
- Students enter and exit by their assigned classroom
- Classrooms will be cleaned/disinfected daily
- Students that display Covid-19 like symptoms during class time will be moved to an isolation room and parents called for pickup
- Students will wash their hands upon arrival at school, after coming in from outside, before eating snacks and when they become dirty – each class has a sink, soap and paper towels
- Each class will be outdoors for part of the day and many classes will spend most of their day outside (rain or shine)
- Students should bring (in their own backpack), clothes for going outside, snack and water bottle
- Staff will teach hand washing, social distancing, washroom and emergency procedures on the first day.
- The Ministry of Education has advised school districts that all K-12 staff and all students in Grades 4-12 are required to wear a mask while indoors at school, including when they are at their desks or workstations. Kindergarten to Grade 3 students are strongly encouraged to do so, as well
Entry/Exit Procedures – Drop-Off and Pick Up
- Students enter and exit at their designated room
- Students for the morning session who are not picked up by 12:15 will be brought to the front entrance to wait with a supervisor for parent pick up
Materials for students to bring
All students should:
- Bring their own backpack with snacks, water bottle and clothes for going outside.
- Younger students should have a change of clothes.
- Bring a book to read for the start of the day while they wait for other students to arrive and wash their hands
- Bring their own writing, drawing and colouring materials (pen, pencil, pencil crayons or crayons, etc. so that these items are not shared – the school will provide paper. (Teachers will send home a list of supplies for the course on the first day)
- Students are welcome to bring sports equipment labelled with their name such as soccer balls
- No toys should be brought to school
604 296 9003